Thursday, October 21, 2010

5 months too late...

Well...I talked to Savannah this morning and she mentioned she was going to post some exciting news that she had just told me about on her blog. It got me to thinking perhaps I should start this up again...It's been 5 months since my last blog update and seriously I haven't had the time. When I do have free time I am cleaning the house. Real free. :)

Obviously a lot has gone on since my last post. Baker man is 8 months old. That's right. 8 months old! Where does the time go? It's like just yesterday he was just being born and I remember it like it was yesterday. He has grown up so much and he is just really such a joy! Each month gets better and even more fun than the last. I have to say this stage is so much fun! What babies learn is so interesting and they learn fast! It's like overnight they can do something new and it makes you wonder how they did that!

Baker is up to all sorts of stuff these days.
-He is on the move and has been since his 6th month. Crawling ALL over the place and pulling up on every last thing and yanking stuff down and really being a mess! :) Of course we had to baby-proof stuff and that's a whole different issue, I put the plugs in the outlets and I can't even get them out! Anyway, he's on the move and he's quick. In the blink of an eye he is clear across the room and into something new.
-He is standing up holding onto stuff and will walk himself along holding on to whatever it is, like the couch. He will stand for a few seconds on his own, but I ususally don't let him explore that option too much because I don't want him walking yet! Not that he would, but crawling is a big milestone that I want him to experience for a while. He can start walking later! Plus, I'm not ready for all that jazz! :)
-He understands the word no. You can say no and he will pull back from what he's trying to get and stop. I am positive this won't last long and soon I'll be saying no while he laughs at me.
-He is starting to give kisses. You can say give me kiss and he will open his mouth and lean forward to you! MELTS MY HEART!
-He is saying "DaDa" "BaBa" and every now and then a "MaMa" will slip out! Not often, he is really fond of dada and baba.
-He has the best laugh ever! It's a big deep belly laugh and he is really intense with it! I have to be honest and say I am his favorite person to laugh with.
-I also have to be honest and say I am his favorite person. When I walk into the room he lights up and just goes nuts!!!
-He recognizes theme songs like from Baby Einstein and Yo Gabba Gabba (awful torture show) and when they are on tv he will stop what he is doing to look up and see. Let's not forget the Mickey Mouse show. LOVES that one! I may be awful to let him look up and watch the tv, but hey. He likes the colors and I don't see anything wrong with it, especially since they are learning shows.
-He has several tricks. He will spit, make an indian sound, make an errrrrrreba sound. Make a horse like sound. CRACKS me up. He is seriously the funniest little baby, I can sit and watch him and just laugh! We always crack up together.
-He's got 6 teeth at the moment. 4 on top and 2 on the bottom but you can see where the other two are about to pop through which will make it a an even 8. I think when little babies start getting their teeth it's precious!
-He is getting better about being in the car, but not much. Last weekend we went to Lubbock because it was moms birthday and we stopped by Monica's baby shower to give her a present and he cried the entire way to Lubbock just about. We pulled into Plainview and he cried from there to Monica's moms house. 45 minutes too much I'll say that much. Then I opened the door and he laughed. Like seriously, nothing wrong with him. He plays me for a fool and he wins every single time.
-Goes to bed at about 7:30 at night and sleeps the entire night until about 7 the next morning. MOMMY LOVES this! However, naps are for wusses in his world and he doesn't need one. I only pretend he's ready for a nap and he refuses to take one...He will just play in his crib and laugh and talk and bounce around in it. Yep, no naps for him!

I am at work so I don't have pictures to post, but I will post some pictures when I get home MAYBE....He had some really cute ones from his 6 month photo shoot and some I took for the fall with some pumpkins. We are having a great time with Baker and I just thank God every single day that he is mine. He is just too precious for me to even put into words.

2 comments:

Savannah & Len said...

YAY! Finally a post!

You need to change your background b/c the other template you used 'has been moved or deleted'.

Love you and can't wait to see that Baker-man!

Tyson, Kayla, Rylan and Reese said...

Like Banana said, Yay, a new post. Can't wait to see pictures.