Friday, December 18, 2009

Merry Christmas...

I can't believe Christmas is almost here! One week to be exact! It always creeps right around and then in a FLASH it's gone. It never lasts long enough! I love this time of year!! I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas! I am usually sick this time of year and this year in no different. I got sick during Thanksgiving (the day after) and now I find myself much sicker right before Christmas. Usually it's always strep-throat, but this year who knows what's going on! I was pretty sure it felt like a bad sinus infection at first, then I was sure it turned into Pneumonia or something awful because I got up Wednesday morning and when I stood up my chest felt like it was being squished and my throat tightened up all the way to the bottom of my chest. I wasn't sure what that meant, but I could hardly breathe and my breaths were catching. I had no voice so I texted Nate and he called my doctor. Doctor said to get to labor and delivery asap and he would meet us there. Well I get there and they hook my stomach up to monitor to make sure Baker was okay. We then find out I am having contractions. GREEEEAT! So they hook me up to an IV and start dumping fluids and medicine in me. Then I get sick to my stomach. LOOOOVELY! So I have to be treated for nausea too. Well after figuring out that my temp was just at 100 and my lungs sounded okay, they ruled out Pneumonia and gave me a breathing treatment for asthma. It helped me out a lot. I finally felt like my lungs weren't being so squished. I have had asthma since I was younger, but I haven't had a problem with it in years. Pregnancy has a funny way of bringing up old stuff and introducing new stuff as well. Finally got my contractions to quit, my lungs felt better, I was able to breathe again, and I was completely hydrated. Felt a little better as I left there from being in there ALL day. Nate was more worn out than I was, poor thing. Anyway, I got some meds to help me sleep and to help my cough, which is hurting my rib that I still think is whacked out! However, I am alive and well and Baker is doing great so I can't complain! Everyday is a little better and I am hoping and praying that we will be well for Christmas and well into his birthday! I can't wait to meet him! Not too much longer and I have a lot to do like put up all his stuff. It's all piled in his room waiting to be tended to! I got sick right after the shower so I haven't even left my bed. :-( I am anxious to get it all put up and washed and all that fun stuff! I also haven't gotten ANY of his furniture in yet! NOTHING! I always have this type of luck but I am seriously getting upset. It better arrive SOON! Or else! :-)

Hopefully my card makes it out SOON! Yikes!

No comments: