Wednesday, March 3, 2010

And I'm back...

Well obviously I gave birth so it's been a while! Baker is sleeping so thought this would be a good time. Usually I am sleeping with him but today I can't keep my eyes shut. I think I am too tired to sleep. Make sense? :)

Little Baker Dee King was born February 19, 2010 @ 2:51pm weighing in at 8lbs 5oz and 20.5 inches long! Big ole boy! It wasn't easy getting him out either. I pushed for two hours and FINALLY he arrived! Just when I thought I couldn't go on! I was very proud of myself for not complaining once during this even when I could feel half of what was going on. Pretty much my left side had feeling in it and so therefore I COULD feel what was going on, just not the whole shabang! Thankfully. Basically words can't explain how I felt when I saw him for the first time. I was feeling about 50 different emotions but LOVE was the biggest of them all. Nate and I just looked at each other and smiled. We didn't need words. We just knew we both were in love and so proud. Nate was a great coach! Even if we did have the golf tournament on in the room so he could watch in between contractions and pushing. That's my husband! My doctor even turned back to look now and again. HAHA. I wouldn't have had it any other way, apparantly I feel asleep a couple of time and had to wake back up to push. Exhausting...They put Nate to work and I got to hold Baker for a few minutes before they whisked him off! Nate was such a proud daddy! I was proud for him. After a long 40 weeks of me having Baker and experiencing everything, Nate finally got to take control. I know he was so proud walking him to the nursery! I saw some pictures and his smile said it all. I had the BEST nurse ever, Katie, and I will be forever thankful to her as well. I cried when her shift was over. I think about her still everyday.



Our trip home was interesting. Savannah got to come up for the day on Sunday when we got released and that was special because she got to go on our very first ride with us. Just us four! I don't need to explain how much she means to me because I think we all know :-) I of course didn't get all of his going home outfit on because I was terrified to dress him! Heck, the first diaper Nate and I changed took us 20 minutes and 50 diaper wipes. THEN I sat it on the bed and Nate sat in it! Great start! Anyway, we got the basics on and then it took us all another 30 minutes to get him in the car seat without me freaking out that he was too smooshed and could not breathe. We FINALLY made it to the car and it took another long while to get the car seat in it's base because it was harder than it looks. HAHA. I sat in the back and kept a close eye on him and panicked the entire way home. Everything Nate did scared me. I was seriously terrified but we made it safe! Walked into a clean house that smelled of the best soup ever that momma made for us.






Thank God for my mom. A quick shout out to her for saving my life the first whole week. She would stay up with Baker while we slept, she cleaned, she cooked, she went to the store like daily, she did it all. Thank you mother, I hope to be half the mother you are and I LOVE YOU!

After the first couple of days I got some baby blues as they say. Nothing major but I would resort to my closet daily and cry in the floor. Yep. Don't know why but I did. I blame it on hormones and newness. Then when mom left I cried so hard I got sick. It was terrible. But life goes on and I have my own baby to be strong for. But it seems like as soon as mom left things fell apart. Baker didn't want to sleep and he wanted to eat every 30 minutes. I am not kidding for TWO days straight he would eat, poop, I would change him, then burp him and rock him and lay him down and then have 5 minutes before he was crying to eat again. Then repeat. For two days. I feel apart and lost control. Nate had to come home Monday and Tuesday to just be there even though he couldn't do anything because like he says, he has no boobs. I wish he did. Anyway we got through it and it appears that Baker had just hit a growth spurt and needed to EAT. I found this out at the doctor today that said I was doing just fine and that Baker would hit spurts where he would be out of sorts because he was growing. They said I could look forward to the next one at 6 weeks. Anyway I thought my milk supply was gone and that's why he was so fussy and hungry but nope. I was not starving my baby after all. He now weighs 8lbs and 6 oz which is an ounce over his birth weight because he did lose weight of course in the hospital which is normal.

I am so thankful to have a healthy baby. While it's been tough at times these past two weeks, I have to say that if he's just fussy to eat, then my problems are little. I do hope for sleep again soon, but until then I will enjoy him being my little baby! They don't stay that way for long and I am aware of this. Sweet little boy! He smiles and grunts and I love these two things! Nate wasn't sure about the grunting and was certain something was wrong BUT I told him it was okay. I also told him crossing of the eyes was normal too. :) They just can't focus well yet.

Nate story...He called the pacifier a mouth piece. Hilarious! He also said "THATA BOY" when Baker passes gas. Like father like son. Between Boozer and Baker and Nate I am doomed. Speaking of Boozer he is not taking this well. He has been replaced and I cried about that too. Hopefully when Baker is bigger he can come inside again from time to time. Baker is just TOO small right now. Accidents happen too fast with a 150lb dog.

We have had many visitors and we love all of them. I do feel the need to cater to everyone and I just finally had to give it up. So if you come over and ask where something is and I point you to it, I am not being rude, I am just tired :-)

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers! They worked! I love my little man a ton and he is just well as can be!

4 comments:

Savannah & Len said...

YAY!! You got a new post up!!

I am so very proud of you and know that you will be a fantastic mom.

Hang in there and it sounds like you better rest up before you hit the 6 week mark!

Tyson, Kayla, Rylan and Reese said...

Kenley, congrats to you and Nate. You have just entered the greatest journey in life, parenthood. He is precious and perfect. Bless your little family!

POPography said...

You are a great mother!! I got to see you in action. :) You have been such a help to me as well.
I think you're doing fabulous. Stick to it--things will really start to get easier.

Have you made some trips outside of the house? I wanna hear about that!

Love the stories about Nate. I'm sure I'll have my own collection.

Love you!

Unknown said...

Oh, Kenley I loved your post and pictures. It's really hard at first--you don't realize it but the huge disruption in your sleep schedule doesn't make you think as clearly as you normally do. Hang in there, it sounds like you are doing an awesome job with that sweet boy!