Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Well since New Years it seems like a lot has been going on! Mom came and stayed through the New Year and she stayed for 4 whole day! It was very nice to have her here with us! We didn't want her to leave! We had Christmas with her and even rang in the New Year with her. Okay well so Nate and I went to bed before 12, but still. I think I went to sleep at 10:15 because I could not keep my eyes open! Nate went to bed even earlier than that! While mom was here we didn't do much of anything which was nice. For once we didn't have to worry about a bunch of stuff even though there was plenty to be done. We were still on "vacation". She will be back in a couple of weeks to help with last minute stuff and to hang stuff up in Baker's room. She does a much better job than I do! :-) We did do some shopping and I have to say the curb-side service she gave me was wonderful! I got dropped off and picked up at each place! Thanks mom!

A couple of days after mom left dad called and said him and the family (Nellie and Judd) were on their way to bring us a glider chair for the nursery! They made their way over and really helped us out! When they got here dad and Nate put the chair together while Nellie, Judd and I watched. Then I surprised them with more stuff to do! I busted out the high chair and had them put that together too and I have to say that part was the hardest! Actually, the pack n play might have been! I got a really cool pack n play that has a bassinet and changing table on top that you have to attach and it took ALL of us to figure that one out! I think I have decided I will not be taking the bassinet part or the changing table part when we go places. It was way too much work for something that is supposed to be so simple! But we got it all figured out just in case. Then I had dad and Nate and Judd take down my tree. :-) It was the only thing left and I had taken the decorations off, but the tree was still there. They each got a piece and got it all put up in the attic! YAY! Dad even vacuumed my floor and took a bed frame I had so he could have it painted. Turns out he got it home and decided to do it himself and it's all done! The bed frame sat in my garage for the better part of 6 months to be painted and he got it done in two days. I am so blessed to have such wonderful family! Every last one of them are so wonderful and so helpful! SO thanks mom, dad, nellie, and judd! They are all so good to us!

January 5 was a BUSY day! First we had a sonogram at 9:45 that morning and the actual doctor's appointment right after. The sonogram was to check to see why I am measuring so big! The amniotic fluid looked good, but we saw that I have a big baby in my belly! He is already 6 pounds! However, I know not to put too much trust into an ultrasound. It's just a guesstimation and by no means does it mean it's 100% correct. However it should be close. I know it sure does feel like Baker is big. He is in the head down position and ready to rock n roll! Basically I am measuring to be more along the lines of 35.5 weeks instead of 33.5 weeks. That is 2 weeks further along that I thought! So we have to be careful in case my dates really are off. I was told to get ready and be prepared just in case. As well as get up to the hospital to pre-admit so I am ready! I go back to the doctor in 2 weeks to get an actual exam to see if I am dialated or effaced at all. My doctor said if I am still pregnant in a month he will do one more sonogram to check the weight and we would go from there on whether to continue to let nature take it's course to to induce. Basically for now, we are letting nature take her course! If I have an 8 pound baby that will be fine! I mean don't get me wrong it does freak me out because I hope I can do it, but I have had a couple of friends assure me I can! :-) We got a few pictures to go home with, but really only one was good enough to view. He was squished up against my stomach/uterus and was face down so it was hard! He also had his face burried in his hands which made it harder. His nose and lips looks big because he was just smashed in against the "wall" haha! At least he is warm and toasty in there!

Nate asked after we left the doctor if we needed to reserve our room at the hospital. I said what do you mean like a hotel? He was like well we have to go get our room right? I said oh Nate. It's not like we get to call in and request ocean front suite. We just get what we get! :-) It was so funny!

At 2 this same day we went on to view our maternity pictures and got some really good ones! We actually are doing a book starting off from pregnancy-newborn pics-6 months-9months-year old pics. It will sort of tell a story so to speak.

After this we had to go get a rocking chair we got for the living room and then by the time we messed with all of that it was time to get ready for CHILDBIRTH class! :-) The class went really well and was not bad. We actually just sat in our chairs the entire time and listened to the teacher and watched the infamous video made in 1970! We did learn a lot. I did get a little freaked out and I think next week I may be a little more freaked out. Just because we are going to talk about the pain and epidurals. I am definitely getting (or plan to) get an epidural but still the whole idea is scary!! The guys had to speak on their favorite part of being pregnant and Nate said his favorite thing about me being pregnant was watching me grow and change and seeing/feeling Baker move! One couple in there was really taking things serious and the husband was taking a book of notes and asking ONE MILLION questions! When we got in the car Nate was like really why was he asking all of that? I guessed he was just really concerned and excited and not everyone can be as laid back as Nate. Nate practiced in the car on the way home of telling me to "JUST BREATHE". :-) I guess he thinks that's all he needs to say is just breathe and things will be A-okay! He will be a good coach though!

I just feel more blessed every single day! In no time Baker will be here and I just have such wonderful family and friends! Thank you Lord for everyone in my life including the one living inside of me!!

2 comments:

Savannah & Len said...

So if he comes 2 weeks early, that's in like 2 weeks, right?! CRAZY!!!

I know you will have a lot going on (like having a baby and stuff), but if you will keep me completely posted on everything, I might be able to hop on a plane and get down there for the big event...

Denae said...

He will be here before you know it!! Exciting!